DLH Consulting is a growing group practice in Dartmouth, MA. We are looking to add a psychiatrist on to our growing practice.
You must be a Psychiatrist for this position!
In this position you would be responsible for providing psychotherapy and medication evaluation and management to a range of clients having mental illness, mental retardation and substance abuse disorders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response to new and existing clients. Develops individual service plans based upon assessment data, and provides therapeutic interventions as necessary including the provision of on-going medication management services. 2. Provides consultation and health education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it is relative to the treatment and medication needs of consumers.
3. Maintains documentation of services including service plans, progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with practice and third party compliance standards.
4. Receives medical supervision from psychiatric consultants consistent with applicable Protocol for Provision of Family Nurse Practitioner Services.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of: the etiology of serious mental illness, mental retardation, developmental, and substance abuse disorders and their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and medical evaluation, physical diseases and their treatment; community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric and medical emergency stabilization.
Abilities: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flow and procedures.
2. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
3. Client Service – Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
4. Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
5. Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
6. Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.